DISTANCE FROM CENTRE
A compact city with a population of over 850,000+ people, Amsterdam is laced by impressive quarters and lanes. Easy to get around, one can never really know what they will discover next –a local shop selling velvet, a hidden garden, a Jenever distillery, a small street cafe, a gabled building that looks more like a painting, or an old monastery that has been turned into a musical venue. One can feel the time slowing down despite the hustle bustle on the streets. There is something very intimate about a trip to Amsterdam which makes you feel at home. It actually wishes that you feel homely by making their rental apartments in Amsterdam available. Such short let rentals in the form of condos, apartments and homes allows tourists to really get an insight of what it feels like to become permanent members of the community, even if for short amount of time. All in all, it is a place where people come to forget all their worries and Amsterdam makes sure they do!
Some other noteworthy places for a short stay in Amsterdam include:
The best places to visit and see while staying at vacation rentals in Amsterdam include:
1. Anne Frank Museum: The house where Anne Frank breathed her last breaths has now been turned into a museum and holds some of her most memorable belongings.
2. Heineken Factory: The perfect place to learn the origin and making of one of the most famous beers in the world.
3. Van Gogh Museum: An art lover’s heaven, it houses the legendary artist’s greatest masterpieces.
4. Vondelpark: The largest park in Amsterdam, this is the perfect place to relax after a day’s worth of sightseeing.
5. Rijksmuseum: A top-class museum that houses some of the best works from the Dutch Golden Era.
With an oceanic climate, thanks to its proximity to the North Sea, winters in Amsterdam can be too cold. On average, January and February are the coldest of months where temperature falls as low as -1°C and as high as 5°C. Summers are comparatively hotter with an average temperature of 22°C –July and august being the warmest. Amsterdam experiences an annual precipitation of about 838 millimetres on average.
If you’re planning a short stay in Amsterdam, make the most of last minute offers on vacations rentals in Amsterdam. These short let rentals allow for tourists to truly experience Amsterdam like a local and make the most of their holidays.